8.22.2014

Flavorful Chicken Fajitas



These Chicken Fajitas were sure flavorful and tasty!
I love cooking with lots of spices.

I used this Flavorful Chicken Fajitas marinade recipe....
From Taste of Home


Ingredients
  • 4 Tablespoons canola oil, divided
  • 2-3 T lemon juice (I did lime)
  • 1 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
  • 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, optional


  • In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
  • In a large skillet, saute peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
  • Discard marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through.
  • Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.


  • *I used avocado oil and didn't get to marinade the chicken, but just let it sit in the sauce before I stir-fried it for a little bit. I chopped up some green and red peppers, onions, and mushrooms. When I stir-fired the veggies I sprinkled with some salt, pepper, cumin, and paprika. All we had in the fridge were some corn tortillas.


    We topped the corn tortillas with...

     Rice
    The veggies
    Chicken
    Salsa

    And the boys devoured them!


    Enjoy!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment