4.26.2012

Organic Sprouted Bean Soup & Breadsticks

I really like making this soup and when I do I am in the kitchen for quite some time, but our house sure does smell good! This time I loaded up on the veggies: red/yellow peppers, zucchini, onions, garlic, carrots, and diced tomatoes. Spices: oregano, basil, and parsley. The spouted beans are a mix of sprouted lentils, mung, and adzuki beans. This is straight from Truroots website (where you can also find the recipe), "Sprouting is a technique of traditional cultures that boosts the nutritional profile–increasing vitamins and micronutrients. The process results in pre-digestion of complex proteins, starches and lipids, converting them into simple and essential components that make these beans much easier to digest. We sprout and dehydrate the highest-quality beans and lentils, awakening their flavor and preserving healthful benefits." Super healthy and super good!

I also made homemade organic bread sticks. I substituted the oil with applesauce and the honey with agave. It tasted great! I love preparing food and making delicious meals for my family. :)

 The next day for lunch we had leftovers! My boys love dipping their dinos into the soup.


1 comment:

  1. this looks super yummy!! I think I am gonna try this one!!

    ReplyDelete