9.06.2012

Tortilla Soup

I made this soup in my Vita-mix Blender. Whole carrot, whole celery, some fresh onion, garlic clove, small bell peppers, cilantro, avocado, jalapeno, chicken broth, black beans, and tortilla chips. Add all the veggies in the blender, boil a cup of chicken broth in 2 cups water, then added the hot broth water the the blender, and turned on the blender. I didn't want to blend the beans up too much so I added those in later and just for a few seconds. You can also blend up the tortilla's with the beans, but we like using the multigrain scoop tortilla chips. Ha, I accidentally added the whole jalapeno. So ,it was pretty spicy, which I don't mind. It is also easy to add some cooked chicken and lightly blend it in with the beans and chips. As I am taking some photos of the food I make I sometimes think, "This was really good, but the coloring doesn't do it justice!" It's easier to understand why so many pre-made food has so many additives and coloring. Some people wouldn't dare eat this because of the coloring, but it really is tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment