2.11.2013

Guac Egg Salad Sandwich

I like to make our egg salad sandwiches a specific way...

1. Boil organic eggs, so the yolks are soft and not cooked hard. 10-12mins. You can do longer. Check out how to "Make Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs".
2. Dump hot water and then run cold cold water over the hard boiled eggs and let them sit in cold water for a few minutes. This makes the hard shell peel off very easily.
3. Break away the solid whites and take out the yolks and put them in different bowls.
3. The make a spread I use 1/2 to a 1/4 of the yolk, from the batch of boiled eggs, to mix either with all or one of these things...avocados, hummus, mayonnaise, and/or grapeseed oil veganaise. The above pic was a mixture of the yolk, avocados, and veganaise. The yolk is where all the cholesterol is found, so that is why I don't use all the egg yolks.
4. Next I slice up the solid egg whites into pieces. 
5. Then mix the whites into the creamy spread mixture.

I love to add cayenne and/or black pepper. You can also throw a bunch of other things in like julienne carrots or cucumbers, sprouts, tomatoes, lettuce, etc. This is one of my favorite sandwiches! 

No comments:

Post a Comment