10.14.2014

Brussel Sprouts & Sausage


While we were food shopping I asked my should we get Brussel Sprouts?

My oldest exclaimed, "YES! I love Brussel Sprouts."

Haha, there was a lady standing next to us that looked over with a surprised look.

I threw together this dish by chopping up...

Fresh Garlic, minced
Onions, diced
Potatoes, peeled and cubed
Brussel Sprouts, bottoms cut off
and cut in half

I started to pre cook the sausage in a pan on the stove, but didn't cook all the way.

I put everything in a big bowl and added sea salt (I like Redmonds), peppercorn (from the pepper grinder), and Italian Herb Seasoning, and then drizzled plenty plenty of oil all over and mixed it all together.

Preheat oven 400 deg or so for 30-40 mins.


While the food was baking I rinsed and washed the quinoa and cooked in on the stovetop.

To get the Quinoa to turn out good I always add 2 cups water to 1 cup quinoa on high heat and bring it to boil, then once it starts boiling, immediately turn it down to med-low, a tiny bit on the low side put a lid on it and set the timer for 15 mins. Take the lid of and stir it around a bit. It should come out really great and fluffy.


I also made some yummy cornbread.

Recipe here. My hubby says it's too moist and to try less liquid.
Instead of butter milk, we cow milk alternative.
Coconut, Rice, or Soy Milk. The coconut and soy are thicker.

I like that this recipe has very little sugar 1T, but I added honey.
We buy this super good kine for many healthy reasons.

My kids like to go and dip their little finger in the jar all the time!

I love that the kitchen is the heart of our home and that...

:) Happy Tummies = A Happy Heart <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment