3.04.2015

Nanniskadii w/ Turkey Soup


Nanniskadii is a Navajo food staple growing up we loved it when our mom made Nanniskadii or Frybread for dinner!

Nanniskadii is Navajo for tortilla and is so good. Just some flour, baking powder, salt, warm water, and SKILL is all it takes, yes, I have to emphasis SKILL. 
I'm still working on mine.

It was supposed to compliment our Stew, but I didn't have any stew meat and our local grocery store is closed on Monday's. So, upon searching my freezer I found the last of our leftover Thanksgiving Turkey meat. Well, that needed to be used up!

In my awesome Instant Pot pressure cooker I made the broth from grass-fed beef bones, which I purchase at Wholefoods from the meat department. Then chopped up veggies...

Bay Leaves
Onions
Garlic
Carrots
Celery
Potatoes
Zucchini
Stewed Tomatoes
Salt
Pepper

It was enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment