9.28.2016

Salsa Chicken + Lifesaving Leftovers


Another incredible instant pot dish...Salsa Chicken!

Put 1lb frozen chicken breast into the IP...


I use this recipe from Skinny Taste

Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker) Easy Salsa Shredded Chicken 

Skinnytaste.com Servings: 5 • Size: 1/2 cup • Points +: 3 • Smart Points: 2 Calories: 125 • Fat: 3 g • Carb: 3 g • Fiber: 1 g • Protein: 22 g Sugar: 0 g • Sodium: 379 mg •Cholesterol: 66 mg
Ingredients:
  • 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon cumin
  • black pepper, to taste
  • pinch oregano
  • 1 cup chunky salsa

*I make my own homemade salsa.

Then I throw it all into the pot and set the manual button for 15mins. It takes the IP 15mins with the frozen chicken to reach high pressure and it was done cooking in 29mins! Incredible.

I usually serve it with refried/black beans and melt some cheese in it, white rice, lettuce, tomatoes, or corn and organic tortilla chips.

This is one of my favorites to make because it can last for days and I mean days and not just the same meal over and over because I can easily transform it into fajitas, burritos, enchiladas, etc. 


Just cut up some garlic, onions, and bell peppers and fry them up.

Then add the salsa chicken leftovers and whalla...


I found these organic corn tortillas at the commissary thank goodness. And thank goodness I made some guac earlier in the day!

For burritos I reheat the salsa chicken/bell peppers/rice/beans mix and warm up some organic tortilla wraps on my flat cast iron skillet. Then I wrap it all up and continue to heat them up in my cast iron skillet with some melted butter on underneath and over the burritos. Adding cheese on top at the end. Hubby loved that! You can also make some enchilada sauce for chicken enchiladas. 

Lifesaving Leftover at its best!

Pretty amazing and oh so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment