11.09.2016

Pressure Cooker New York Cheesecake!!


So. Cheesecake. Who doesn't love it?!

I would have never made cheesecake had I not joined an Instant Pot group on Facebook. Lots of people make all kinds of different cheesecakes in this pressure cooker and I just had to try it!

I used This Old Gal's New York Cheesecake recipe! So try it out. If all goes well and you don't end up over mixing the eggs everything will cook and set up just right and I'm super happy that mine came out!...


 The true test is if people like it. We had some friends over for dinner, so they got to decide! And they loved it. Them and my Fish Fam said over and over how good it was. Whew! Then my husband took the last of it to a family he went to visit after dinner. He came back saying how much they loved it and couldn't stop saying how good it was. I was glad to hear that because you all know cheesecake isn't something on my menu, so I didn't know how it tasted! It's definitely something my food intolerances will not tolerate. Too bad so sad! But honestly after seeing all the dairy and sugar that went into this thing, I'm not sure I could eat it even if I could eat it! Lol!! I'll stick to my raw paleo cheezcakes! 

If you want to make cheesecake in this pressure cooker you need to have a few specific things...

This 6in cheesecake pan that will fit into the pressure cooker. I bought this recommend springform pan at amazon... https://www.amazon.com/Fat-Daddios-Anodized-Aluminum-Springform/dp/B001VEI05G/ref=sr_1_3?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1478696303&sr=1-3&keywords=fat+daddios+6+inch+cake+pans

 The pan needs to be on top of a trivet... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H3CXWW6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1SJABPS7VUUEM or this steamer is also recommended because it has these handles so you can pull out the cheesecake...https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A2KD8IY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. These two things are needed so the pan isn't submerged into the water.

*The green steamer is nice to use for making hard boiled eggs and I've used it for making banana bread and this cheesecake in the spring form pan, but because it's silicone and the springform pan fills the pot pretty good and us heavy from the bread or cheesecake the silicone rubs on the sides and makes it harder to pull it out. So I will try the trivet and her hand made foil sling next time!

Follow her directions closely and you're good to go!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment