9.07.2012

Coconut Oil & High Heat Oil

 I love using coconut oil for everything from food to body care. The Wellness Mama has some excellent health info., especially here about never eating vegetable oil or margarine. Our bodies really weren't meant to consume these extremely unhealthy and unnatural oils. Coconut oil is, "filled with Medium Chain Fatty Acids and Lauric Acid, coconut oil is an all star of the saturated fats. Since the fat composition in cells in the body is largely saturated fat, it is important to get enough of it from healthy sources. Coconut oil does not oxidize easily at high temperatures or go rancid easily, making it a good choice for cooking and baking. It also makes a great natural moisturizer and can be substituted for butter." I love putting coconut oil in oatmeal, curries, baking, etc.

 I also use this to put on my toast. :)

If I do need oil for cooking at high heat I use this oil. I would strongly strongly suggest staying away from olive oil to cook at high heat. When cooking with olive oil at high heat it becomes rancid and extremely toxic to our bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment