9.23.2013

Butternut Chicken Soup

I really love cooking with all kinds of winter squash. Butternut is especially one of my favorites. It was also my kids favorite baby food that I would make. I made my own bone broth with 11 organic chicken drumsticks and over a two day period let the bones boil. I added garlic, onions, and salt. Then the last 30 minutes I added...carrots and celery. Butternut squash cooked quickly, so add it in about the last 10 minutes. Add the zucchini noodles very last. They are thin and will cook very fast.

I used a whole butternut squash and peeled it, scraped it out, and cut it up in cubes. One of the best things about winter squash is that they can sit on your counter for a really long time, or even months in a cool dark place.
Lastly, I julienned zucchini to make "noodles." I love my Titan Peelers that used to peel the impossible butternut squash outer layer and the handy julienne tool.

I added oregano, sea salt, and pepper to taste.

So Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment