9.20.2013

Cabbage Soup



Ingredients:

2 Tbsp oil
3 Cloves Garlic, sliced
4 Ribs of Celery, sliced
4-5 Carrots, diced
1 Head of Cabbage, shredded
2 boxes of Organic Chicken Broth
Or Homemade Bone Broth
Precooked 3-4 Chicken Breast or
5-10 Drumsticks (meat off the bone)
1 Tbsp Onion Powder
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp Oregano
Salt & Pepper to taste


Directions:
1. Chop up garlic, celery, carrots, and cabbage.
2. Heat oil, I used grapeseed oil, in large soup pot, then add garlic and cook/stir 10-20 sec. Add celery and stir for 1 min.
3. Add carrots and 1 cup of broth. Cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add the rest of the broth, all of the cabbage, cooked chicken or thinly sliced raw chicken breast, and onion, garlic, and oregano.
5. Cover and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat accordingly. It doesn't take very long to cook.

*This was a fast process for me because I already had a reserve of finely chopped garlic and cooked and shredded chicken meat in the fridge. Earlier this week I baked a whole chicken and used the meat throughout the week. Also, when I bake a chicken I like to put lots of onions at the bottom of the whole chicken and then scoop it all out with some of the fat and juice to store with the meat. I think this soup came out so tasty because I added all the onions and fat to this soup.

**This is an altered recipe I came up with from a previous recipe. I'm doing a cleanse that is restoring the health of my gut. Lots of good soups to make. Check out www.livehealthwise.com for other good recipes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment