9.15.2013

Coconut Vinegar Chicken


This chicken came out so so good.  

Marinade (roughly):

3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 Lemon Juice
3 Garlic Cloves minced
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 Tbsp Oregano
Fresh Thyme

I can't remember the exact measurements I used, but this is close enough. With the oregano I like to pinch and rub it between my fingers to release more flavor. I poked holes in the chicken breast with a fork and flipped it over and over in the marinade. Let it marinade for 10min to 1 to 2 hours. I baked it at 350 deg for about 42 min. Used my meat thermometer to check when it was done, I don't like to overcook it because then the meat is too tough. Chicken should be cooked to 165 deg. 

 Served it with baked asparagus

And mashed potatoes


Also, some onions, zucchini, and squash.


And, sweet potatoes for me.


My kids ate it all up without even making a peep, well except fighting over who got the last pieces of asparagus. Our youngest kept stealing asparagus off his siblings plate. 

**This is an altered recipe I came up with from a previous recipe. I'm doing a cleanse that is restoring the health of my gut. Lots of good soups to make. Check out www.livehealthwise.com for other good recipes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment