10.07.2013

"Baked Goods"


I like to think of these dishes as the "real baked goods."

All you gotta do is throw some fruit and veggies onto a baking sheet and put it in the oven.

Make your own dipping sauce.

And most importantly BE CREATIVE!


Top dish is papayas topped w/ a slice of banana, beets, and radishes. The sauce is frozen peas, fresh mint, ginger, chia seeds, soaked and peeled almonds, and water.

Bottom dish steamed hard squash, papaya, banana, starfruit, and turnips. Sprinkled with grated nutmeg and crushed cardamon. 

I'm working with a wonderful friend I have met who is a very creative and an amazing cook! She is opening up my right brain and getting my creative juices flowing. She baked all these and shared all her good ideas!

I'm really focusing on food and how it makes me feel....I'm listening to my body. For the last 10 years I've been on a serious health journey because through health challenges and c-sections and raising kids it's been a bit crazy. I've tried this and tried that...vegan, raw food, juicing, candida diets, alkalizing-diets, whole foods, gluten-free, etc. I did see great improvements in my health, but at the same time I still wasn't feeling great in other ways. But as I've included more, actually a lot, of cooked veggies in my diet, I have felt a world of difference and have slowly, but surely been feeling better! I'm so thankful for all the good people who have helped me along my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment