4.24.2014

GF Waffles & Strawberries


These waffles are my favorite.

They are gluten free and I switch out a few ingredients...
  • Instead of sugar I add a ripe mashed banana, maple syrup, or no sugar at all.
  • The first time I made it with oil and yuck it wasn't good.
  • So, I add Ghee instead & oh my goodness they are so much better.
  • For milk I add rice milk or water.
  • I also can't have eggs. So I use either chia or flax seed meal substitute.
  • I used my dry grains blender to make the chia/flax seed meal and then add 1T to 3T water.  
I make different batches with blueberries and/or  Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (dairy, nut, soy, & gluten free).

But, I usually enjoy them just plain w/ some ghee on top.

 Hodgson Mill, Inc. w/ Whole grain...millet, sorghum, & brown rice flours.

I have officially been diagnosed with a gluten sensitivity. So, gluten-free everything it is.

I actually haven't eaten gluten since last summer, so luckily it isn't a big deal for me.

I was grain free for 5months, but I'm glad I'm not doing that anymore!

Some variations...


The raspberries are super yummy.

Organic raspberries mixed with a little bit of squeezed lemon, maple syrup, and cornstarch.

Add in the occasional breakfast bacon...




Or a poached egg and bacon.

Poached eggs are my favorite.

So, is this Organic Sunday Bacon from Applegate.

This bacon is organic, humanely raised, and free of added nitrates/nitrites.

Check out this article from Mark's Daily Apple for good reason to purchase and consume good bacon.

Definitely pricier, but when consumed occasionally it's worth it for our family.

Onto the next...  


My sad attempt at making naaniskadii, Navajo Tortillas.

  Awe man, this is one gluten thing that is hard to go without!

Nonetheless, it'll work.

No comments:

Post a Comment