6.05.2016

Fresh Basil Pesto Bacon Pasta



We have tons of noodles to use up before we move overseas, hence all the pasta dishes we've been making!

This night I had basil and pine nuts in the fridge to use up so Basil Pesto it was!!

My husband love, love, loved it and of course anything with bacon makes it even better. 
At least for my kids!


Basil Pesto is super easy to through together and make, 
but here is a recipe to follow:

2 cups Basil
1/2cup Parmasean Cheese
1/2cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/3cup pine nuts
3 garlic cloves
Salt and pepper to taste

Put it all in a food processor and blend.

I aslo fried up some bacon, onions with chopped up mini bell peppers.

I'm convinced that this olive oil... 


 Was a huge factor in the taste. My husband picked it up in Greece, on his way home from his deployment, as a gift for me. I was SO HAPPY! And it is so so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment