12.21.2016

Strawberry Pocky Cheesecake


This Old Gal's New York Cheesecake is a classic and I was so excited to pair it with delicious Okinawa strawberries and oh so good Japanese Pocky. Yum Yum. 


I love love how it turned out! So beautiful.


I'm not lying when I say that these strawberries gown here in Okinawa are some of the best that I've ever had. They are the perfect sweetness, tenderness, and texture. They melt in your mouth and all you can say is wow! Not kidding.

All you have to do to get some is come to Okinawa, Japan! Ha!


When you eat out and buy cheesecake it can be pretty expensive for a slice. That's not the case when you make it yourself! I will say these strawberries made this the most expensive cheesecake of the three I made! Strawberries are in season right now and depending on where you buy them you pay $5-7 for the small pack above. The way Japanese grow and take pride in their fruits and veggies is awesome. They pick the best of the best and package it so nice and neat! Which end up being more expensive, but you look at it and want to buy it because it looks so lovely and good! Well, that's how it is for me anyways. Lol!


If you live in the States you can most likely find Pocky at your local Asian Grocery store. So go out and buy some and make that cheesecake!

Yum :)

No comments:

Post a Comment