2.10.2015

Banana Cream Pie Bars



Since I'm raising Monkey's we always have plenty of bananas to go around!

And WOW, these Paleo Banana Cream Pie Bars were amazing.

Definitely an enjoyable treat for me :)

Taylor Made It Paleo

Ingredients:

For the Crust:
-1 1/2 cups almond flour
-1/4 cup honey (I used maple syrup)
-2 T nut butter (I used almond)
-1 T maple syrup
-pinch of salt

For the Topping:
-1 can of coconut milk (left in the fridge overnight to let the cream settle at the top and ONLY use the cream on the top and not the liquid underneath.)
-1 ripe banana, mashed (I used to small bananas)
-1 T maple syrup
-1 tsp vanilla (I don't add, don't like the taste)

Directions:

1. Combine all crust ingredients until crust like texture forms.
2. Press dough evenly into the bottom of a pan.
3. Whip together coconut cream, banana, maple syrup, and vanilla until well combined.
4. Spread evenly over the top of the crust.
5. Top with additional banana slices.
6. Place in freezer for 1 hr.
7. Cut into squares and enjoy!
8. Store in fridge. (I've kept mine in the freezer because if you don't eat it all up fast enough it gets too soft and runny.)

And nope, you don't need to bake the crust, I had to double check myself :)

These are really easy to make and very delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment