8.19.2018

Thumbprint Jam Cookies


If you want a quick and simple cookie, yet delicious and buttery soft with a sweet surprise, these "Thumbprint Jam Cookies" are it!!! 

I was shopping at the BX, here on our military base, and stopped to pick up our favorite "Wild Maine Blueberry Jam" and spotted a bunch of recipe cards and wanted to give these cookies a try. Super glad I did! For all my military friends I highly recommend all of Stonewall Kitchen's specialty jams and jellies that are sold at the BX. They are a bit pricier, but are on sale right now 2 for $11.

I made a couple changes...I added almond extract (did 1/2 almond and 1/2 vanilla), used less sugar, and didn't add the walnuts. *Also remember to leave your butter out overnight, so it's room temperature and that you should chill the dough for an hour.

These cookies are fun to make with your kids. My kids had fun pushing their little thumbs into the cookie dough and sneaking some dough and then dropping the jam into the holes. Because of my food sensitivities and intolerances I am unable to eat these cookies, so I really rely on others feedback and I'm so glad these turned out! That my family and friends have all said how incredibly yummy they are! 

Now go and make your own and enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment