4.27.2020

Fried Rice Yum Yum!


Fried Rice is definilty a Fish Fam Favorite!

It's quick and simple to make and so delicious. It's best made with leftover refrigerated rice. Today I made it for breakfast. This recipe is vegetarian, but I at different times I do add in cooked chicken, beef, or spam. I don't have an exact measurements of ingredients because it's usually just what I have on hand and make necessary adjustments. But, generally here's what I  do....

Ingredients:

  • 2-3 cups leftover rice
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 cup onion
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 1/4-1/2 cup corn and peas
  • 1 green onion stalk
  • 1 Tbsp. avocado oil

  • Avocado Oil (enough to keep it from burning)
  • White Pepper ( a few dashes
  • Soy Sauce (more than less, but don’t over do it)
  • Sesame Oil (not too much)
  • Rice Vinegar (splashes)


Directions:

  • Finely chop garlic cloves and dice onion. Heat up avocado oil in a deep cast iron pan on med. high heat. Not too hot because the garlic burns easily. Add garlic and stir. I like to tilt the pan and have all the oil and garlic to one side so the garlic can infuse in the oil without burning. Then I lay the pan back on the burner and add the onion and stir the onions and garlic around and cook until onions are tender. Then I put the onions and garlic in a serving dish.
  • Next I turn down the heat to low medium heat and add a little more oil to coat the pan. I crack my eggs and mix/beat them with a fork. Then pour them into the pan and make scrambled eggs. The eggs cook better on low heat. I add the eggs to the serving dish with the onions and garlic. 
  • Turn up the heat and add more oil to generously coat the bottom of the pan. I add in all the rice and use the spatula to break it up the rice. I add in the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, white pepper, and a little bit of water. Mix it until it is well incorporated. You can put a lid on it to let the moisture break up and soften the rice. Watch the heat. 
  • Add in the onions, garlic, eggs, corn, and peas. Mix it all together. Let it cook for a few mins and stir occasionally. If you want a crispier rice add more oil and turn up the heat a little watching carefully and stirring the bottom of the rice to the top. *More oil makes crispier rice. But just don't add too much.
  • Chop up some green onions an toss them in pan at any point or just at the end of cooking.
  • Transfer fried rice into the serving dish and enjoy!!

Yum Yum!!




No comments:

Post a Comment